Thursday, February 11, 2016

Deny Self and Find Life in God

I cannot live for myself and God at the same time.
The desires of the self are never in harmony with the desires of God.
If I want to choose God, I need to reject/deny myself.
The desires of the self are pride, greed, pleasure and so on.
The desires of God are compassion, grace, sacrifice and so on.
Both desires cannot co-exist in a person.

One cannot deny oneself without the help of God.
It takes a lot of effort, sincerity and prayer time to understand the truth and joy of self-denial.
Just like Christ died for us to give us life, we need to die to ourselves (our carnal self) to receive the life that God is waiting to offer us.

Let us earnestly seek God’s grace in our effort to die to ourselves – so that we may find life everlasting in God.

RELEVANT BIBLE VERSES

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to follow Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. - Matthew 16:24

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. -  Galatians 2:20

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. – Galatians 5:24

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. – John 12:24

No comments:

Post a Comment